You can easily increase the size of your home with a dry basement. A finished basement or an unfinished but dry basement will increase the value of your Baltimore County property.
It will also ensure that the structure stays in good shape with the expert waterproofing services from Orellana Construction.
Here are some common issues that can contribute to a wet basement:
- Heavy rain or snow melt
- High water table
- Saturated ground
- Hydrostatic pressure
- Poor grading around the home
- Clogged or improperly installed downspouts
When the ground is saturated, the water has to go somewhere. Water will take the path of least resistance, and in many cases that means the water soaks into your concrete foundation floor and walls. This can cause structural damage if it is not dealt with immediately.
Here are some of the signs to either look and/or smell for:
- Damp smell
- Dampness on the concrete or carpet
- Water seen near the foundation walls
- Cracks in the concrete floor or in the foundation walls
- Standing water in basement